Future Doctors Australia Medical Work Experience
4-Day program for ages 14 to 18
The Future Doctors Program is an exclusive 4-day event, held during school holidays for students 14 - 18 years of age, which equips aspiring medical school applicants with invaluable insights into making informed career choices.
Please view our program brochure, and a list of distinguished medical specialists who have agreed to partake in the program and will be sharing their expertise at the events (5 clinicians take part in each program).
The Future Doctors Australia program is an incredible opportunity for prospective medical students to find out more about the industry by taking part in an intensive, but highly engaging, fun, and motivational experience. In addition to the National Institute of Education senior staff, we will also bring in a panel of high-profile medical specialists to spend time and teach attendees.
Enrolments for the Future Doctors Australia 2023 - 2024 programs are now OPEN - Limited spots left for Melbourne and Brisbane
- Have you considered medicine as a future career option?
- Do you know what it is like to study medicine at university?
- What do you know about the pathways to get into medical school?
- What about life as a junior doctor OR a registrar?
- Have you thought of different specialties in medicine?
- Would you like to meet and spend time with some very high-profile medical specialists?
All of this and much much more can be achieved by attending one of the Future Doctors Australia Program sessions brought to you by the National Institute of Education – Careers.
Brisbane: 9 - 12 of December 2023 (Taringa) - 75% full
Melbourne: 19 - 22 of January 2024 (Richmond) - 55% full
Sydney: 18 - 21 July 2024 (Chatswood) - 20% full
Sydney: 11 - 13 October 2024 (Chatswood)
To ENROL or find out more about the program please visit the official page at:
Register for our upcoming information webinar about the Academic Insights Program & Future Doctors Australia which will run on the 22 November 2023 at 7.00pm (AEDT).
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is this a paid program? Yes, it is a paid event and we can only take a maximum of 24 students per event as it is set as an intensive and immersive workshop, involving many high-level professionals and resources. Click here for program information and cost
2. Do you offer any scholarships? We do support rural, remote, and lower socioeconomic communities with a partial scholarship. Students need to enquire with us directly via
3. How long does the program go for? The program goes for 4 full days (9 - 4.30 pm). Attendees are provided with ample breaks and meals.